| |

 Forgot password?
View: 1066|Reply: 0

Chinese Visas Introduction

[Copy link]








Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Post time: 2015-04-11 14:01:47
| Show all posts |Read mode
1.    An introduction to ChineseVisa
A Chinese visa is a permitting document issued byvisa agencies for a foreign citizen to enter or leave China. Legal basis ofvisa in China are Law on the Entry and Exit of Aliens and its implementingrules, Law on People’s Republic of China Passport, various visa agreements (confirmed)signed between China government and foreign countries and other relevantrules.   

2.    An introduction to VisaAuthorities
In abroad, visa authorities of China are allChinese embassies, department, and bureaus in foreign countries, in China are Ministryof Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorized local foreignauthorities and Ministry of Public Security, and Ministry of Public Securityauthorized local public security authorities

Visas for Study in China
Student Visa(Xvisa)

Studentvisa, suitable for all students, especially those who will study in China formore than six months. Usually students can apply for X visa by submittingpassport, admission notice, visa application form (JW202/201), physicalexamination report (required in some countries) and photos to the local Chineseembassy or consulate. Any student holding an X visa must apply for theresidence permit within 30 days after entering China.

Visitor’s Visa(F visa)
Visitor’svisa, usually valid for 60-180 days, suitable for those who plan to study lessthan six months. Students can apply for F visa by submitting passport,admission notice, JW202/201, physical examination report (required` in somecountries) and photos to the local Chinese embassy or consulate. If studentswith F visa decide to study for one more semester, they should pre-pay tuitionfee of the next term and apply for residence permit two months before thecurrent F visa expires.

Tourist Visa(Lvisa)
Usuallyvalid for 30 days, suitable for short term study no more than one month.Students from some countries can apply to extend/change their visa if theydecide to continue their study after the short term program. They should handin application form to a university’s international student office at least 20days before the L visa expires, do the health check and change it intoresidence permit when JW202 form is ready. Students from some countries whoapply for Chinese programs after the application deadline can ask for ourapproval, submit the application form to us by email or by fax, do the healthcheck at a local qualified hospital and go to a university with a tourist visa(L visa).

Z Visa orWorking Residence Permit: If foreigners with Z visa or workingresidence permit want to study in a university, they should apply to us foradmission notice and JW202/201 at least 20 days before the visa expires, askfor Employment Separation Certificate from the employer, do the physicalexamination and change the visa into a study residence permit.

Visa On-arrival:Visitors from countries like Japan, Mongolia, and Singapore etc. are allowed tostay in China for 14 or 30 days without any Visa, which is called visaon-arrival. However, visa on-arrival cannot be changed or extended. So studentsare not supposed to come to China without visa.

Student’sVisa(X visa)

Visitor’sVisa (F visa)



Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list