| |

 Forgot password?
View: 957|Reply: 0

Remedial Measures Losing the Passport or Visa

[Copy link]








Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

Post time: 2015-04-11 13:56:39
| Show all posts |Read mode
Police Report
Goto the local police station and report your document(s) lost or stolen. Ifavailable, you will need to provide copies of the original documents. You willbe issued a police report detailing the incident. Don’t forget to make an extracopy of the report for your own records.

Report your Passport Lost/Stolen to YourEmbassy
Contactthe local Embassy or consular section for the country of your citizenship forinformation on the procedure to replace a lost or stolen passport. Mostcountries have Internet web sites with contact information.

Report your Visa Lost/Stolen to the U.S.Embassy Abroad
Toreport your visa lost or stolen, fax the Consular Section or Consul General atthe Embassy abroad which issued your visa. Go to the Embassy or   Consulate website to locate the fax numberand contact information. Be sure to include your full name, date of birth,place of birth, address, and an e-mail address (if available). Specificallystate whether the visa was lost or stolen. If you have a copy of the passportor visa, fax this to the Embassy or consular section. Otherwise, if known,report the category of visa, and the passport number from the lost/stolen visa.

Applying for a Replacement Visa
Lostor stolen visas cannot be replaced in. For replacement of a visa, you mustapply in person at Embassy or Consulate abroad. When applying for thereplacement of a visa, you will need to provide a written account documentingthe loss of your passport and visa. Include a copy of the police report.


Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list